Sweet Vanilla Cinnamon Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 1/2 teaspoons vanilla sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place seeds in a mixing bowl. Pour melted butter over seeds; stir to coat. Combine 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon white sugar in a small bowl. Mix well. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread sugar mixture over seeds, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread seeds over a baking sheet in a single layer. Combine 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over seeds.
- Bake seeds in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven, stir seeds, and spread evenly on baking sheet again. Combine 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl and sprinkle over seeds. Return seeds to oven for 30 more minutes.
- Remove seeds from oven. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar over seeds, and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, pour into a serving bowl, and serve warm.
Next time we’ll have something spicy for you…(almost there!)…