Cinnamon and Ginger Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar together in a bowl;
- Add cinnamon, ginger, and salt and mix well.
- Stir pumpkin seeds into butter mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread seeds in an even layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; check seeds and continue baking for 10 minutes more.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons butter together in a bowl and stir onto the pumpkin seeds.
- Continue baking seeds until toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes more.
In the next installment, you will be able to cook the seeds with vanilla …(keep waiting)…